Hisense Roku TV is an excellent smart TV with a friendly user interface. With Hisense Roku TV, you have access to thousands of streaming channels and platforms.
However, some users have already complained of the “Hisense Roku TV no sound” issue which means you are not alone in this. Sometimes, it could be due to a software glitch, wrong settings, or a damaged hardware component.
Whatever the case is, I’ve outlined methods to help you resolve this issue quickly.
Why is there no Sound on My Hisense Roku TV?
- Muted sound: if you accidentally pressed the mute button on your remote or your volume had been reduced to the lowest, you will obviously not have sound in your Hisense Roku TV.
- Outdated software: it’s important to carry out frequent updates on your Hisense Roku TV as outdated software can affect your sound.
- Faulty cables: if your HDMI cables are not properly connected or are damaged, the sound on your Hisense Roku TV may cease.
- Damaged hardware components: damaged internal speakers are one of the leading causes of Hisense Roku TV’s no sound.
- Wrong audio settings: If your audio setting or audio output setup is wrong, you may have problems with your sound.
Hisense Roku TV No Sound: Solutions
If the sound from your Hisense Roku TV has ceased, here are some fixes you can try:
Method 1: Unmute and Increase the volume
You may not be having sound on your Hisense Roku TV because you accidentally tapped the mute button on your remote or the volume is way too low to be heard.
Simply tap the mute button on your remote to unmute and press the + vol button severally to increase the volume.
Method 2: Restart Hisense Roku TV
This is one of the easiest methods to resolve the Hisense Roku TV no-sound issue you might be experiencing at the moment. Simply;
- Long-press the Power button on your remote. This should last for up to 20 seconds
- Your Hisense Roku will turn off
- You can go ahead to power cycle the device by unplugging the power cables from the wall
- Plug the cable back and turn on your Hisense Roku TV to confirm if the sound issue has been resolved. If not, move to another fix.
Method 3: Inspect the Cable connection
A faulty or damaged HDMI cable will affect the sound of your Hisense Roku TV. So, try adjusting the HDMI cables on your TV and try a different port if possible.
Don’t fail to blow off debris from the HDMI ports, as this can block the contact between the cable and the port.
Check for physical damages on the cable, then get a replacement cable if required.
Method 4: Update Hisense Roku TV
Updating your TV’s software is another way to resolve any issues with sound. I’ll advise you to update your Hisense Roku TV to the latest version if you have not carried out an update lately. Here’s how to;
- Connect your TV to a stable internet
- Tap the Settings option on your remote
- Navigate to System>Software Update
- Any new software update for your Hisense Roku TV will appear here
- Follow on-screen instructions to download and install the new software
Method 5: Switch Audio Output Mode
Sometimes, your Hisense Roku TV may fail to auto-detect your output mode. Like when using the internal speakers or you’ve switched to an external output mode.
If this happens you will need to manually set the output mode. Here’s how to;
- Tap on Home>Settings
- Select Audio
- Tap on the Audio output option
- Switch from Audio detect to PCM Stereo
- This may solve the problem. If not, move to other fixes.
Method 6: Clear Hisense Roku TV cache
Clearing Hisense Roku TV cache can do a lot of good for your TV, including resolving the no-sound issue. To clear your Hisense Roku TV cache, you need to combine a few keys on your remote control. Here’s how to;
- Tap on the Home button of your remote
- Press the Home button again 5 times
- Press the Up arrow button once
- Tap on the Rewind button twice
- Press the Fast Forward button twice as well
- Your TV will reboot itself if this process is successful
Method 7: Reset Audio Settings
The Hisense Roku TV’s no sound issue may even stem from the wrong audio setting, so go ahead to reset it;
- Tap the Home key on your remote
- Select Settings>System
- Tap on the Advanced System settings
- Use the right arrow keys of your remote to navigate the options at the right side of the screen
- Select Reset TV Audio/Picture Settings>Ok
- Tap the Play/pause button on your remote for three times to reset your Hisense Roku TV audio
Method 8: Try an external audio device
In cases where you suspect your internal speakers are faulty, you can connect to external audio devices to enjoy your favorite movies and songs with sound on your Hisense Roku TV.
You can use external audio sources like; home theaters and Soundbars, connected to your TV with the correct wired or wireless connections. Consult the user manual of the external sound system to see how to connect it to your Hisense Roku TV.
Then, adjust your Hisense Roku TV with the steps below;
- Open your Menu
- Tap on the Device Preferences option
- Select Audio
- Select the correct input source. Could be Optical or HDMI ARC, depending on where the external device is connected
Method 9: Conduct a Factory reset on your Hisense Roku TV
I’ll recommend you do this only if the methods above do not work because it will clear all settings and you will have to set up your Hisense Roku TV all over again.
Nonetheless, here’s how to factory reset Hisense Roku;
- Tap the Home button on your remote
- Go to Settings >System
- Select the Advanced Setting tab
- You’ll be prompted to enter a PIN. It’s usually 0000
- Select Factory reset>Yes
Method 10: Contact support team
After trying all the methods above and nothing seems to work, contact Hisense Roku support team for professional tips to resolve the issue.
Sometimes, it can be due to a damaged hardware component like the internal speakers, so you can visit nearby Hisense centers or contact a reliable Technician if your TV is not running under a warranty or there is no nearby Hisense Roku TV center.
If you are experiencing no sound issues on Hisense Roku TV, there’s no need to fret! It’s a common problem that can also be resolved easily. Follow the tips provided in this guide to quickly fix any problem with sound on Hisense Roku TV.