Are you experiencing Hulu load failure? Or does Hulu keep loading incessantly?
The loading error is usually accompanied by an error message that says “failed to load Hulu” and the error code: ERROR94.
I have been in this situation several times, and I perfectly understand how unpleasant this experience can be.
This guide will outline all the troubleshooting methods that helped me fix the issue.
Why is Hulu Load Failure Happen?
Hulu load failure happens when you try to play a video from the library.
The video loads for a long time and then displays an “ERROR94” code.
This problem is not exclusive to any one device. It can happen on a mobile phone, tablet, PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and streaming sticks.
I had to do a lot of research and try different methods before finding the methods to fix this Hulu streaming issue.
Here are some of the reasons why the Hulu loading failure often happens.
- Internet connection problem
- Outdated Hulu app
- Outdated device software
- Hulu server issue
- Corrupted cache files.
Now, let’s go ahead and take a look at how we can fix the problem.
How to Fix Hulu Loading Failure Roku TV
1. Check the Hulu server
The streaming platform may misbehave when the Hulu server is down for maintenance or due to a problem.
One of the indicators that the server is down is when Hulu keeps loading or displays a loading error.
You have to be sure that this is not a server problem.
Check Downdetector to confirm the Hulu server status. If the server is down, you’ll have to wait until it’s restored before you can continue streaming.
2. Check your Internet Connection
Sometimes, I experience a loading error when my internet connection fluctuates.
If you suspect your internet connection could be the problem, you can always run a speed test on Fast.com to see your internet speed.
If you are getting anything less than 5Mbps, that could be where the issue comes from.
You may also notice that Hulu keeps buffering when streaming content if your internet speed is an issue.
I understand the internet plan you’re subscribed to could limit your internet speed.
If that’s the case for you and you can’t subscribe to a higher internet plan, apply the following method to improve your connection speed.
Note: Try to apply all the troubleshooting methods below, regardless of your device to stream Hulu.
How to Fix Hulu Loading Failure on Firestick
3. Fix your internet connection
There are several things you can do to improve your internet speed.
1. Update your router firmware: If you use a router for your internet, update the router firmware.
To do this, type the router IP address into your browser and open it. Then, supply your login details to log in.
Once you are in, locate the firmware update section. Often, you’d find it in the Advanced, Admin, or Management section. Proceed to update your router firmware.
2. Turn on and off Airplane mode: If you are using a sim in a mobile device or tablet, turn on and off Airplane mode to reset the network.
In most cases, your connection will improve after resetting the network.
3. Restart your modem or Mi-Fi device: Restart your modem or Mi-fi device if that’s what you use to browse.
4. Power Cycle your router: Unplug it from the power source, wait for 30 seconds, then plug it back into the power cycle and reset it.
5. Disconnect Bandwidth-hogging devices from your network: Disconnect using a router or a mobile hotspot, and disconnect other devices that consume most of the bandwidth.
For instance, if you have other devices streaming or downloading heavy files, disconnect them.
When your internet is overloaded, you can run into issues where Hulu keeps freezing when your try to watch a show.
6. Close background apps: Close all unnecessary background apps on the device you are streaming Hulu with to allocate more bandwidth to the app and allow it to load.
How to Fix Hulu Load Failure On Firestick
4. Clear Hulu App Cache
You should consider clearing the Hulu cache on your devices when you encounter the Hulu load failure error.
1. Go to Settings
2. Navigate to App Management
3. Select App Settings
4. Search for the Hulu app
5. Select Clear Cache
1. Navigate iOS device Setting
2. Find the Hulu app and select it
4. Tap Clear cache on the next start
5. Then restart the Hulu App
A power cycle will clear the Hulu cache if you are using other devices like a game console, smart TV, or streaming device.
Just unplug the device from the power source, wait for 30 seconds, then plug it back and turn it on.
How to Fix Hulu Load Falure on Smart TVs
5. Soft reset your device
If you are using a smart TV, you can soft reset the device to fix the loading issue.
This method will also work if you use a game console or streaming stick to stream Hulu.
1. Unplug your device from the socket while it’s still turned on
2. Wait for 60 seconds
3. Plug back the device into the socket and turn it on
4. Try streaming Hulu to see if it loads successfully
A soft reset of your device can help resolve the load failure and instances where Hulu keeps lagging when using the app.
How to Fix Hulu Load Failure on PlayStation 3,4 and 5
6. Update the Huu App
If you are running an outdated app, you are bound to run into issues like this.
If you’re using a mobile device, visit your app store and search for Hulu.
You will find the “Update” button close to the app if there is any available update. Just click on it.
The method to update the Hulu app might differ in Smart TVs and streaming devices.
But you can update Hulu for most of these devices by locating the app in your app menu.
When you find the app, highlight it, then press and hold the Enter button on your remote. A sub-menu will appear where you can find the update option.
7. Update the device software
Check if there is an available Software update for the device you are using and download it.
Occasionally, issues from an outdated device software can spread to your app.
How to Fix Hulu Load Failure on Browser
Aside from the solutions mentioned above, you must clear the browser cache if you are streaming Hulu through your browser.
Some of your Hulu cache files could be expired or corrupted, causing the loading failure.
Follow these steps to clear your browser:
8. Clear Browser Cache
1. Open your Chrome browser and click on the three vertical dots on the top-right of your screen
2. Go to Settings > Clear Browsing Data
3. Unselect Clear browsing history
4. Leave Cookies and other site data and cache images and files selected
5. Select Clear Data
1. Open your Firefox browser and click on the hamburger icon on the top-right of your screen
2. Scroll down and select Settings
3. Select Privacy & Security on the left tab
4. Scroll down to the Cookies and Site Data section
5. Select Clear Data.
9. Contact Hulu Support
In any normal circumstance, the solutions I’ve provided should help you fix Hulu Loading failure.
But if, for any reason, you are still experiencing the issue after trying the solutions above, contact Hulu support for further assistance.
Hulu loading failure can ruin your experience on the Hulu streaming platform.
However, the solutions I’ve provided here can help you deal with the issue irrespective of your device.
Feel free to share the guide with anyone having the same problem.