When your Honda CRV Carplay not working issues arise, it can be very frustrating.
If you are experiencing this issue and do not know where the problem is stemming from, do not panic.
I’ll share some troubleshooting approaches you can follow in this article to fix this issue.
Why is the Honda CRV Carplay not working?
The main reasons Honda CRV Carplay is not working are outdated infotainment software, damaged cables, or incorrect CarPlay configuration.
There are so many reasons why the Honda Carplay is not working, and it can be difficult not knowing what to do next.
How to Setup Carplay on Honda CRV
Before I go into troubleshooting this issue, I’ll first share a guide on connecting Carplay to Honda.
Many people do not know how to connect their Carplay to Honda.
Follow the steps to connect your Carplay to Honda.
Step 1: Connect the USB cable to the Honda head unit.
- You’ll first of all start the Honda engine.
- Then, you can plug the cable into the USB port.
- A message on the head unit would ask if you want to connect to a phone. Tap “Yes” to confirm.
Step 2: Enable Carplay on the Head Unit.
- Tap the Connect button on the bottom panel of the Honda head unit to launch the Apple Carplay interface.
- You can now control apps, navigate menus, and launch apps through the joystick on the right side of the Honda head unit.
- To exit Carplay, press the Honda icon.
Step 3: Launch Siri
- Press and hold the face button near the steering wheel to the left of the Head Unit.
- You can use this function to control Carplay navigation.
Note: Make sure your iPhone is running iOS 8 or later. It is also necessary that the iPhone itself is later than model 5.
If you have tried connecting your iPhone to Carplay and it proved abortive, you’ll have to carry the troubleshooting approaches below.
How to fix Honda CRV Carplay not working.
Method 1: Check if your Honda vehicle supports CarPlay.
As many models support Carplay, some models of this vehicle still don’t support CarPlay.
If You are trying to use CarPlay on your vehicle and notice that it isn’t working, you’ll have to check if your car is among the available models that support Apple CarPlay.
If your vehicle doesn’t support Carplay, do not worry much.
You can try some other technology such as iCarMode, CarOS, etc.
Method 2: Verify CarPlay Availability in Your Location.
It’s crucial to ensure that CarPlay is accessible in your region.
You won’t have access to this platform if you’re located outside the supported areas.
CarPlay is currently accessible in the United States and 35 additional countries.
Method 3: Reboot the devices.
This is the next step when you have Carplay problems with your vehicle.
It’s good to know that a simple reboot solves many system errors. To Reboot your devices, follow the steps below.
- Simply restart your iPhone by holding down the power button for 10 seconds.
- The Honda head unit usually restarts after you start the vehicle. You can also search for the manual for your Honda model on the internet, as some require a special reset button that can be accessed with a match.
Method 4: Keep Your iOS Up to Date.
Ensuring your iOS is running the latest version is essential.
An outdated iOS could contribute to the issue you’re facing.
Follow these simple steps to update your iOS:
- Open the ‘Settings’ app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Scroll down and select ‘General.’
- Tap on ‘Software Updates.’
- Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install any available updates.
- After the update is complete, restart your device.
- Now, attempt to connect CarPlay to your Mercedes once again.
Method 5: Reset the Honda CRV infotainment system
Another solution to Honda CRV CarPlay not working is resetting the infotainment system.
This will reconfigure the system to its default settings and clear up glitches affecting the CarPlay connection.
To reset the system, follow the steps below:
- Turn on the ignition and sound
- Hold down the ignition for 7 seconds
- A pop-up will appear asking if you want to reboot the vehicle. Select Yes
- The system will reboot. Not the rebooting process may take about a minute so be patient.
Method 6: Update the Honda CRV Infotainment System
Updating your Honda CRV infotainment software will help resolve CarPlay compatibility issues that can develop due to an outdated system.
The good thing about the Honda CRV is that, unlike other vehicles, the system will notify you when there’s a new update.
Here’s how to update your Honda CRV infotainment system:
- Select the Home button and select System Updates
- If the System Updates option is not displayed on your home screen, press the All Apps button
- The system will search for the update, and if there’s an available update, the Update icon will appear on the home screen.
- Select the Status icon and select Download
- Select Install Now
- You’ll get a notification once the installation is completed.
Method 7: Change your USB Cable.
Sometimes, the main culprit behind this issue is a faulty USB cable.
To determine if the cable is defective, remove it, connect another one, and see if the problem persists.
It’s also crucial to take note of the cable’s length and data transfer speed.
Longer cables have the potential to slow down signal transmission, potentially leading to a frustrating CarPlay experience.
Method 8: Disconnect and Reconnect Carplay.
It’s important to reset the CarPlay connection if you encounter any glitches that don’t let it function.
Follow these steps:
Unplug the USB cable and plug it back in if you’re using a wired connection.
For wireless connections, follow these instructions:
- Access your Apple mobile device’s ‘Settings.’
- Scroll down and locate the ‘CarPlay’ option.
- Find your car’s name within the CarPlay menu.
- Select your car’s name and choose “Forget this car.”
Method 9: Turn off the VPN
If you have any active VPN or Proxy connection on your mobile phone, turn it up when connected to CarPlay.
VPN connection often disrupts CarPlay connection; in some cases, you won’t even be able to connect if you have VPN turned on.
Method 10: Contact Support.
The troubleshooting approaches I’ve provided in this guide should work in fixing any issue you are having with your Carplay.
However, it’s possible that the issue you are having is more technical and may require the attention of your vehicle manufacturer or Apple.
While the convenience of Honda CarPlay is undeniable, issues occasionally confuse us.
However, with the knowledge of common causes and the solutions outlined in this article, you can confidently tackle CarPlay issues.