Are you wondering how to play videos on Android Auto?
Yes, it’s possible to watch videos directly on the screen of your vehicle’s infotainment system, as long as it supports Android Auto.
Although watching videos while driving is hazardous, you can enjoy watching videos on your car screen when you’re parked for a long duration.
Let’s look at the different ways to do that.
Can I Play a Video On Android Auto
Yes, you can play videos with Android Auto.
Because Android Auto tries to discourage users from watching videos while driving, it doesn’t allow you to download or use video players and streaming apps.
However, you can still watch videos on Android Auto using unofficial third-party media apps and media players.
Apart from watching videos on your phone, you can stream movies and content from YouTube or other streaming platforms like Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Hulu.
Let’s explore the different ways you can play videos on Android Auto
Ways to Play Video On android Auto
Method 1: Use Android Auto App Downloader (AAAD)
Android Auto App Downloader is a third-party app that lets you download and use restricted apps on Android Auto.
Since Google restricts Android Auto users from using certain distracting apps on their vehicle’s head unit dashboard, AAAD allows you to download and use these restricted apps.
Here is how it works
- Download the AAAD app
- Install the app on your Android device.
- Once you launch the app, you’ll find various video player apps you can download
- Download anyone of your choice. You can find apps like VLC, Plex, MX Player, etc.
- Launch the media player app and select a video file from your phone storage.
- The video will be played on your vehicle’s head unit screen.
Method 2: Use AA Store
The AA Store App is another third-party app for watching videos on Android Auto.
The AA Store App works like AAAD and is best for streaming videos on platforms like Netflix and Amazon Prime. Here’s how to use it:
- Download the AAStore APK here and install it on your device
- Launch the App then, scroll down until you find the AA Mirror Plus app
- Click and install the AA Mirror Plus app
- Connect Android Auto to your vehicle and see the AA Mirror Plus App on Android Auto Menu.
- Open the app to start mirroring your phone on the car screen
- Go to any streaming app on your phone (Netflix, Hulu, Prime, etc.) and play any video of your choice
Since this App mirrors your phone screen on your car infotainment screen, any video you play on your phone will be displayed on your car screen.
Playing videos on Android Auto is possible.
Although we only advised you to do this while your car is parked and not when driving.
The sole purpose of Android Auto is to keep you safe while driving by avoiding distractions on your phone.
But you defeat that purpose when you try to watch a video while driving.
Hopefully, this guide has helped you play video content on your infotainment screen using Android Auto.
Feel free to share it with anyone you know facing the same issue.