Are you experiencing TCL TV no signal?
Fortunately, you’ve come to the right place, as the fixes I’ve provided here will help resolve the issue.
TCL is one of the best-selling electronic brands in over 160 markets globally, but is not without problems.
Like any electronic gadget, your TCL TV may develop minor issues like displaying a “no signal” error message.
This issue is common and sometimes not a big deal.
So, follow the tips I’ve provided in this guide to have this fixed.
Why is there no Signal on My TCL TV?
TCL no signal can be triggered by specific issues with your TCL TV, and I’ve discovered some of those issues to be;
Improperly connected or damaged HDMI cables.
If your HDMI cable is not connected correctly to the correct port, you may experience this issue.
Wrong input source
Each external device is connected to a unique input source. So, if you are receiving the no signal message, it’s likely because you are connected to the wrong input source.
An outdated TCL TV software
If your TV software is not current, you will encounter technical issues, including not getting signals on your TCL TV.
These types of issues can also cause TCL TV black screen issues that can be overcome similarly.
How to fix TCL no signal
Method 1: Power Cycle TV
Power cycling your TV can resolve the TCL no signal issue because excessive electricity buildup can cause problems like this.
The good thing about this method is that it’s usually straightforward, and yes, it works in many cases.
Here’s how to power cycle your TCL TV;
- Turn off your TCL TV with your remote or TV’s power button
- Unplug the TV from the power outlet on the wall
- Press and hold the TV’s power button for up to 2 minutes. This will completely drain residual power from the TV’s capacitors.
- Plug the power cable back to the socket and turn on your TV
- Confirm if you are still receiving the “no signal” message
Method 2: Restart TCL TV
Another possible way to solve the TCL no signal issue is to restart your TV. Here is how to;
- Tap the Settings button on your remote.
- Choose the More Settings option and go to Device Preference
- Open About>Restart
- Once you select the Restart option, your TCL TV will go off and come on again, which might clear the no signal error message.
Method 3: Inspect the HDMI Port and Cable
The HDMI port or cables might be why you get the no signal error message.
When this happens, one of the first things I do is adjust my HDMI cable, and I advise you to do the same.
In cases where you suspect the HDMI was loosely connected, simply unplug the cable from the port, blow off dirt or debris from the port, and fix the line back firmly into the HDMI port.
Also, check for physical damages on the cables to know if they need to be replaced.
Do this for every other related cable connected to the TCL TV.
Method 4: Check the TV Input Source
Each external device connected to your TCL TV has its input port located on the TV’s surface.
So, if the external streaming device is connected to the wrong input source, you will get the no signal message.
Tap the Input button on your TCL remote to correct the Input source by choosing the right one from the provided input options.
Method 5: Update TCL TV Software
I can’t exaggerate that outdated TV software can cause many problems, including triggering your device’s “no signal” error message.
It is essential to keep your TV software updated as frequently as possible.
Here’s how to update the software of your TCL TV;
- Tap the Home button on your TCL TV remote
- Go to the Settings icon, usually placed at the top right corner of the screen.
- Select More Settings>Device Preference
- Navigate the options to access About
- Click System Update> Network Update
- A pop-up will appear on your screen if there is a pending update. Tap on OK
- This will update your TCL TV software
Method 6: Reset TCL TV
Resetting your TCL TV can clear the no signal error on your TV.
If, after trying the other methods I listed earlier, they don’t work, a quick reset can be the final straw.
Check out the steps below to carry out a reset on your TCL TV;
- With a straight paper clip, toothpick, ballpoint pen, or similar objects, press and hold the RESET button, usually located on the connector panel
- Long press the button for up to 20 seconds
- The status indicator will appear while you still press the Reset button.
- Your TV will go off completely; release the Reset button now.
- Now, turn on your TV again and follow on-screen directions to set your TCL TV
Method 7: Contact TCL Support
If all the methods above don’t work, it could be a hardware issue or other complex issues that require professional help.
You can reach out to the TCL Support Team for professional tips.
The TCL no signal error message may not be a big deal, but sometimes it could be complex.
Hopefully, the tips above can help you solve the problem.