Are you trying to figure out how to turn off Samsung Health on your Samsung phone?
Don’t worry. You’re not alone. Many Samsung phone users find it difficult to turn off Samsung Health.
However, that problem ends today for you, as this guide will show you the step-by-step process to turn it off.
How do I Turn off Samsung Health on my Phone?
Samsung Health is an app that assists you by tracking your health and fitness activities.
Just like every other application on your phone, there are times you may want to turn off the Samsung Health App.
Here’s how to do it:
- Open the app and click on the three vertical dots at the top right of your screen
- Click on Settings
- Scroll down until you find the Turn-off option, then click on it
Why Does Samsung Health Turn on Automatically
If your Samsung Health always turns on automatically, it’s because the automatic workout detection on the app is on.
The auto-detect workout feature on your app detects unnecessary movements of your body and counts them as workouts.
So to prevent your Samsung Health from turning on automatically, you need to turn off the auto-detect workout feature.
How to turn off Auto Detect Workouts on Samsung Health
You can turn off the Auto Detect Workouts feature of Samsung Health on your phone’s notification settings.
Here’s how to do it:
- Go to Settings > Notification
- Select More under the displayed apps to see more apps
- Click on the Most Recent drop-down menu and select All
- Scroll down till you find the Samsung Health app
- Click on the Samsung Health notification option and go to the Notification categories
- You’ll see the Auto detect workouts notification, toggle it off.
Note: If you noticed that the Auto-detect workouts feature is grayed out and cannot turn off, you’ve synced the Samsung Health app with a Smart Watch.
In this situation, you have to turn off auto-detect workout on the settings of your Smart Watch.
How to Turn off Samsung Health Notification
You may have tried to remove the Samsung Health notification from your notification center but noticed that you couldn’t swipe it out.
This happens when your Samsung Health app is active. To delete the health notification, you must switch off the notifications on Samsung Health App.
Here’s how to do it
- Open your Samsung Health app
- Click on the three vertical dots at the top right of your screen
- Tap on Settings > Notification
- Toggle off the Show Notification switch to turn off Samsung Health notifications.
How do I stop Samsung Health from Running in the Background?
The easiest way to close any background app is by clicking the recent button on your screen and swiping up on any app you want to complete.
But sometimes Samsung Health app could still be running in the background of your device even when you remove it from your recent or close the app.
There is a simple way to stop the Samsung Health App from Running in the background:
- Go to Settings
- Go to the Battery and Device Care Settings (In some models it’s called just “Device Care” or just “Battery”
- Select the Battery option
- Scroll down and click on Background Usage Limit
- Toggle on Put unused app to sleep to stop the Samsung Health app from running in the background when not in use.
- You can also add the Samsung Health app to Sleeping Apps or Deep Sleeping App to ensure it never runs in the background.
Contact Samsung Health Support
If the tips outlined above are not assisting you in turning off Samsung Health, then it may be a good time to contact Samsung Health support.
Conclusion: Can Samsung Health be Used Offline
Yes, Samsung Health can be used offline.
Although Samsung Health dropped support for devices below Andriod Oreo, the offline features still function on these devices.
Samsung Health may shut off for devices lower than Andriod Oreo, so if you’re using lower Andriod versions, try to upgrade or change your device.